As we return to work and begin a new year, the Office of Human Resources would like to remind you the importance of reading the weekly updates sent to campus by Chancellor Everts and by the COVID response team. You can review these messages on the university’s coronavirus website.
In follow up to Chancellor Everts’ Jan. 8 message to campus, we are sharing some important return-to-work guidelines and information about leave options:
We resume operations and staffing this week under essentially the same public health and UNC System return-to-work guidelines that were in place at the conclusion of Fall semester. This means:
- We will continue to maximize teleworking, to the extent possible.
- Staff who need to be on campus to perform all or part of their work will continue to do so.
- Faculty and staff performing work on campus are reminded to remain vigilant in completing their daily health screening each day and to not come to campus if they are experiencing any of the listed symptoms.
- Faculty and staff performing work on campus are reminded to remain vigilant with all safety guidelines, especially the wearing of face coverings, social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- Faculty and staff performing work on campus are encouraged to participate in our on-campus COVID-19 testing, particularly anyone who has engaged in gatherings with people who do not live with them.
- We continue to provide special consideration to faculty and staff with underlying health conditions that place them at high risk for serious complications associated with COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you are asked to return to on-campus work, have a qualifying health condition or a close association with someone who has a qualifying condition, you may seek confidential assistance, if you have not already been approved for workplace consideration. Additional information and employee resources regarding COVID-19 may be found here.
Leave Options for Staff:
Prior to the winter break, we reported that several COVID-19 leave programs previously scheduled to expire December 31, 2020 have been extended through March 31, 2021. We have posted a summary of currently available leave programs and criteria for their use on the Office of Human Resources website. If you unable to work for COVID-19-related reasons, please review these options and contact Carolyn Bosley (firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 6488) or Angie Miller (email@example.com or extension 6769) for assistance.
Human Resources Hours and Staffing:
The Office of Human Resources has resumed our onsite business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) beginning today, January 12. Office staffing will continue to be reduced and rotating for safety. Walk-ins are welcomed, but we encourage appointments if you need to meet with a member of our team in person. Please remember that face coverings are required and social distancing is observed at all times.
As always, you may contact us at 828-262-3187 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or individually using the staff directory and contact information on the Human Resources website.