Continuing your education is possible. Whether you're thinking about easing into graduate level coursework, looking to explore an interest, needing to finish a degree or seeking to enhance your career, Appalachian has undergraduate, graduate and online courses that are designed for working professionals.
The tuition waiver and academic assistance program is a valuable educational benefit that can be used to further your professional and personal development. Eligible employees can have tuition waived for up to three courses taken per academic year at Appalachian or any of the other schools in the UNC System.
Tuition Waiver Process
- Review Tuition Waiver Guidelines for information on eligibility.
- Talk with your Supervisor. Discuss your personal and professional development plans with your supervisor, including educational assistance.
- Apply to the institution. If applicable, apply to and enroll in the institution at which you will be registering for and taking courses.
- Register for the course(s) you will be taking. Up to three tuition waivers per academic year are eligible for tuition waivers.
- Complete Tuition Waiver Form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. Electronic signatures are accepted and encouraged.
Tuition waiver requests are due by 12pm on the last day of the drop/add period each semester.
- Spring: January 14, 2022
- Summer Session 1: May 24, 2022
- Summer Session 2: July 6, 2022
- Fall: August 26, 2022