App State is commited to employee performance, engagement, and retention by providing tools for professional development and career growth. Tuition Waivers and Tuition Reimbursement support strategic organizational development of competencies and behaviors needed to achieve the University's mission, vision, and values. These programs are valuable educational benefits that can be used to further your professional and personal development.
For courses taken at Appalachian State University or within the UNC System:
- Review Tuition Waiver Policy.
- Talk with your Supervisor. Discuss your personal and professional development plans with your supervisor.
- Apply to the institution. If applicable, apply to and enroll in the institution at which you will be registering for and taking courses.
- Register for the course(s) you will be taking. Up to three courses per academic year are eligible for tuition waivers.
- Complete Tuition Waiver Form and submit by email to email@example.com for processing.
Visit our new Tuition Waiver Information Center for policies, procedures, and FAQs.
Tuition waiver requests are due by 12pm on the last day of the drop/add period each semester.
- Spring: January 14, 2022
- Summer Session 1: May 24, 2022
- Summer Session 2: July 6, 2022
- Fall: August 26, 2022
For courses taken outside of the UNC System:
- Review Tuition Reimbursement Policy.
- Talk with your Supervisor. Discuss and document your professional development plans with your supervisor.
- Complete the Tuition Reimbursement Application.
- Register for and complete the course(s) you will be taking.
- Complete the Request for Tuition Reimbursement (with supporting documentation) and submit for reimbursement within 30 days of course completion.
Visit our new Tuition Reimbursement Information Center for policies, procedures, and FAQs.