The approved biennial state budget for Fiscal Years 2021-22 and 2022-23 includes 2.5% across-the-board salary increases for eligible university employees each year, a total of 5% for the biennium, and one-time lump-sum COVID-19 bonuses in the current 2021-22 fiscal year. The summary below clarifies eligibility requirements for the Fiscal Year 2021-22 legislated increases and the timing of their implementation on our campus.
- Legislated COVID-19 one-time bonuses were provided to eligible faculty and staff in December 2021 university payroll. Bonuses of $1,000 were provided to all permanent faculty and staff employed as of December 1, 2021. An additional $500 bonus was provided to permanent faculty and staff earning less than $75,000 annually and law enforcement officers.
- The 2.5% across-the-board salary increase for the 2021-22 fiscal year will be paid to eligible employees in the January 2022 payroll.
- All faculty and staff employed in a permanent position as of both June 30, 2021 and December 31, 2021 are eligible for the 2.5% increase.
- The 2.5% legislative increase is calculated as 2.5% of each eligible employee's June 30, 2021 base salary.
- For employees who received a salary increase for another reason on July 1, 2021 or later, the 2.5% increase calculated on their June 30, 2021 base salary will be added to their new salary.
- The increase will be paid as a retroactive lump-sum payment for the period from July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 and the June 30, 2021 calculated increase will be added to each employee's base pay effective January 1, 2022.
- We anticipate that the second 2.5% across-the-board increase approved in the biennial state budget will be applied in July 2022. Eligibility criteria for this legislative salary increase will be communicated prior to the anticipated implementation date.