All permanent, full-time and three-quarter-time employees (employed for the full academic year) at Appalachian State University are eligible to participate in the benefit programs listed on this web site.
Permanent half-time employees are eligible to participate in the Health Plans by paying full cost. Tax Sheltered Annuities and the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Plan NCFlex are also available to permanent half-time employees.
All medical enrollment must be completed within 30 days of your hire date. All retirement forms must be completed and returned to the Benefits Office within 60 days of your hire date.
New Employee How to Enroll Video (demonstrates how a new employee enrolls in the State Health Plan via eEnroll).
- Employees that do not complete the required medical enrollment within 30 days of hire will not have medical coverage until the enrollment has been completed.
- Those employees that do not complete the required retirement forms within 60 days of hire will be placed into the State Retirement System automatically. Once this is done, it can not be changed.
- The link below provides information related to the benefits portion of the training for SPA employees. Please note: the presentation below can not substitute for the training requirement.
- Benefit Orientation Presentation (PPTX, 297 KB)
- For more information on the orientation, see New Employee Orientation.
- You are entitled to a free University Parking permit for non-gated lots. If you wish to purchase a pass for a gated lot, the cost will be $100.
- You may continue using your University ID Card at any of the Recreational Facilities and Belk Library free of charge.
- You will need to have your ID Card re-validated each year.
- Please contact the Office of Human Resources for the appropriate form for re-validation.
- Retirees maintain the usage of their e-mail account with the University. Sign into your e-mail account using MyASU.