Increased Risk Consideration Form
As we continue a phased return to on-campus work, published safety guidance encourages us to provide special consideration to employees with underlying health conditions that place them at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. To ensure the protection of confidential personal health information, to comply with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and to ensure equitable and consistent consideration for all employees, Appalachian State University has implemented a centralized process for review of increased-risk factors and other individual circumstances that may impact employees' safe return to on-campus work.
Please use this form to report any increased risk health factors or other circumstances that may affect your ability to return to work on campus or to comply with workplace safety requirements.
COVID-19 Special Leave Provisions
- Update on Work and Leave Provisions, Effective August 1, 2020
- Update on Work and Leave Provisions, Effective July 1, 2020 (6/29/20; 12:06PM)
- Update on Work and Leave Provisions, Effective June 1, 2020 (5/28/20; 10:40AM)
- Update on Paid Administrative Leave and Mandatory Employee Comp Time Effective May 1, 2020 (4/29/20; 4:15PM)
- COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave Announcement (3/19/20; 5:22PM)
Time & Leave Reporting During COVID-19 Reduced Operations
EHRA & SHRA Time Reporting
- Message from Payroll: Effective July 1: Instructions for Reporting One Third Paid Administrative Leave (7/10/20; 2:55PM)
- Message from Payroll: Effective June 1: Administrative Leave for COVID-19 (6/15/20; 4:04PM)
- Instructions for EHRA and SHRA Employees for April 2020 Monthly (ME/MN) Payroll (updated 7:30PM on 4/14/20)
Non-Student Temporary & Student Employee Time Reporting
- Instructions for Student and Non-Student Tempoarary Employees for April 2020 Semi-Monthly (SM) Payrolls
- Instructions for Student and Non-Student Tempoarary Employees for March 16 - 31, 2020
*Please note that 4/10, 5/25, 7/3 are observed state holidays. All employees are reminded to record these as HOL on their timesheets and leave reports. Holiday premium pay and equal time will apply to eligible employees who work the holiday, just as they would under normal operations, instead of COVID-19 compensatory time.
COVID-19 Shared Leave Bank
Appalachian State University has established a COVID-19 Shared Leave Bank to help staff who cannot work for certain COVID-19-related reasons, who are receiving less than full paid administrative or FFCRA leave, and who have exhausted their own personal leave balances. All leave-earning employees may voluntarily elect to donate leave to the shared leave bank and eligible employees can request donated leave from the bank to help supplement their partial paid leaves.
Additional details about the shared leave bank program are provided in our July 6, 2020 campus communication and links to forms for donating leave to the bank and requesting leave from the bank are provided below.
HR Town Hall Recordings
- Appalachian State University Emergency Plans
- COVID-19 Coronavirus FAQs for State Employees
- COVID-19 in North Carolina
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Child Care and Work-Life Resources
- ComPsych Guidance Resources® - COVID-19
- Online Tools and Counseling Options
- Retirement Plan Strategy Resources
- Travel Guidance
- World Health Organization
Send us a message and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.