Read the latest updates and messages on coronavirus being shared with the AppState Community.
This page contains guidelines and FAQs regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for Appalachian State University employees. We will be updating this page on a regular basis as more information becomes available.
COVID-19 Special Leave Provisions
- Instructions for Reporting Time and Leave During COVID-19 Reduced Operations (3/30/20; 9:25AM)
- COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave Announcement (3/19/20; 5:22PM)
Employee Teleworking Guidance & Arrangements
- Employee Telework Plan and Agreement Form (PDF)
- Guidance for Managers of Virtual Teams
- Guidance Resources® from ComPsych® - Webinar Series (PDF)
- Helpful Teleworking Guidelines from IT (PDF)
- Resources for Parents Working at Home
- Teleworking Guidelines & Arrangements
- Workplace Safety Tips for Teleworking (PDF)
Search Committee Guidance
Effective immediately, and until further notice, we are suspending all on-campus interviews for search candidates. During this time, all job searches will be conducted virtually via telephone and video interviews. Our Employment Office is available to help your search committees navigate this temporary change and we have assembled guidance for how to conduct successful virtual searches.
- State Health Plan for Teachers and State Employees (4/2/20; 4:38PM)
- SECU Lending Assistance Options (4/1/20; 9:45AM)
- Paid Administrative Leave and Compensatory Time for Mandatory Staff (3/30/20; 3:51PM)
- Campus Staffing Under Governor’s Stay-at-Home Order (3/30/20; 2:12PM)
- Reporting Student and Non-Student Temporary Employee Time for March 16-31 (3/30/20; 9:25AM)
- NC Flex Benefit Reminders Related to COVID-19 (3/30/20; 7:28AM)
- Updated Guidance re: Suspension of All Non-Essential Human Resources Actions (3/26/2020; 2:00PM)
- Suspension of all Non-Essential Human Resources Actions (3/25/20; 2:21PM )
- Update on your State Health Plan Benefits and COVID-19(3/25/20, 12:40PM)
- CAPTRUST to Host Virtual Meetings (3/24/20, 8:32AM)
- Prudential 401(k) Offering Virtual Meetings (3/20/20, 5:06PM)
- Retirement Plan Strategy Resources (3/20/20, 1:32PM)
- Updates from Human Resources (3/19/20, 5:22PM)
- Paid administrative leave, hours of operation and parking updates (3/18/20, 2:15PM)
- State Health Plan Board Approves Emergency Authority to Respond to COVID-19 (3/13/20, 4:12PM)
- Employee Teleworking Communication from Human Resources (3/13/20, 1:40PM)
HR Cancellations and/or Adjustments to Procedures
- Until further notice, we are suspending all in-person professional development programs offered through the Office of Human Resources. During this time, we will continue to ensure that professional development opportunities are available for staff online. Information about online programs can be found at: https://hr.appstate.edu/online-professional-development.
- This year's Annual Performance Review period for SHRA and EHRA Non-Faculty employees has been extended from March 31 to June 30, 2020. Under this extension, 2019-2020 reviews will be conducted in July and August. We will communicate new dates for self appraisals and 2020-2021 work plans at a later time.
- Until further notice, our regular New Employee Orientation (NEO) program will be suspended and replaced with an alternate program in which critical information for new hires will be provided virtually. During this time, in the absence of scheduled NEO, you may schedule any new hires to begin employment at the start of any workweek. Please note that all new hires will have to report to the Office of Human Resources within three days of their start date to complete the I-9 employment verification process and to enroll in benefits. Please watch for additional updates as we finalize the online programming.
Send us a message and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.