8/11/22; 1:59PM - revised 8/18/22
The end of North Carolina's Public Health Emergency will impact the COVID-19 Work/Leave Provisions as outlined below. Please visit the Human Resources webpage for details.
Ending August 15, 2022:
- Other COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave - COVID-19 paid administrative leave for absences due to isolation orders or non-quarantine possible exposures or symptoms are no longer eligible; employees must use personal leave.
- COVID-19 Leave Banks.
- COVID-19 Leave Advances or Make-Up Time - Two-year make-up/payback window remains from the date of accrual.
Ending August 31, 2022:
- Employee Vaccinations/Boosters - Paid work time for permanent and temporary employees for vaccinations occurring within regular work hours and with supervisory permission (up to 8 hours in one day for each shot if more than one is required).
- Vaccination Adverse Reaction - COVID-19 paid administrative leave for adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccines, only same-day as vaccination or next-day.
- Special Paid Leave for Boosters - Employees can receive a credit of 8 hours of paid leave (pro-rated for part-time) for demonstrating that they received at least one COVID-19 booster on or before August 31, 2022. (Note: Employees must use this 8 hours of paid leave by March 23, 2023 or it is forfeited.)
Review the Update on Work and Leave Provisions, Effective August 2, 2022 PDF for more information.