Appalachian State University appreciates the many years of service and dedication that you have provided in order for Appalachian to be the quality higher education university that it is. To keep you connected to campus and remain an active member of our campus community the following University specific benefits are provided to ASU retirees:
- Free retiree parking pass. Retirees must visit the Parking & Traffic office each year to secure the free pass
- Free access and check-out privileges at the University Libraries. Review the page, Appalachian State Library Privileges for Retirees, for details.
- Free access to recreational facilities. After your official retirement date complete the Retired Faculty/Staff section of the UREC Facility Access Membership Form and return it to the Student Recreation Center. You may pay a minimal fee to have your spouse/significant other/domestic partner and dependents use these facilities as well.
- Discounted seasonal tickets to athletic events.
- Free use of the Health Promotion facilities as well as continued participation in Health Promotion sponsored events and services.
- Optional Retirement Program
- First Steps Toward Retirement
- Important Phone Numbers
- Supplemental Retirement
- Phased Retirement