As a retiree, you have the option to return to work for Appalachian State University as a non-student temporary worker or as a part-time worker. Temporary needs include part-time, seasonal, and even full-time hours. Appalachian State University values your years of experience and frequently our temporary needs necessitate former Appalachian State experience.
Benefits to You:
- Extra Income
- Share Valuable Skills
- Allows flexibility to pursue other interests
- Stay connected to an energetic environment
- Violation Review and Penalty Process (PDF)
- Per State Statute the Retiree must render no service, including part-time, temporary, substitute, or contractor service, at any time during the six (6) months immediately following the effective date of retirement
- Before making the decision to return to work, you should always check your Income Allowance, which is specified by the State Retirement System
- Information on how reemployment will affect your monthly retirement benefits
Effective February 1, 2010, in order to help provide a safe learning and work environment for our students, staff, and faculty, employment with Appalachian State University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
How to Apply for a Position
The Office of Human Resources maintains Temp Pool postings for use in filling temporary assignments. To apply to these postings of your choice, you must first complete an application. Click here to apply online.
Additional Information on How to Apply for Temporary Positions
Visit our AppState Careers site then click "Search Postings" and apply your application to the "Temporary Pool" postings indicated.
You must meet the required qualifications and be available to work the required schedule. As departments have temporary needs they will be given access to view these applications and will call qualified applicants for an interview.
Applications will remain "active" in the Temporary Pools for up to three (3) months. Applicants MUST reapply after three (3) months if still interested in temporary employment.
Please contact our Employment Consultant, Nancy Crowell at (828)262-6520, email@example.com, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and to ensure we are aware of your interest in temporary employment.
Questions? E-mail the Employment Group.