Employee Relations Mission
Employee Relations supports Appalachian State University’s vision that employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. Employee Relations supports the total University mission of meeting its goals through its most valuable resource - its PEOPLE. Employee Relations takes a neutral leadership role in serving both employees and managers while addressing workplace conflict and concerns. In a catalyst role, we assist management partners by providing guidance and resources to mitigate issues of conflict, with a goal of timely and positive resolution. Both employees and managers are provided information and guidance with regard to University and State policies and procedures, and Grievance and Appeal rights.
Employee Relations provides guidance to management in their efforts to improve employee job performance and to correct unacceptable personal conduct. Assistance is provided to help address personal issues by providing referral assistance to various campus resources, including ComPsych Guidance Resources.
- ASU Staff Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Relations Policies
- Discipline, Appeals and Grievances
- Faculty Resources
- Facilitated Discussions
- Mediation Services
- Separation from the University (voluntary, involuntary & retirement)
- Service Awards
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Training for Supervisors
Emergency Loan Fund
- Emergency Loan Fund Application (Docusign Form) *June 23, 2022 -- Applications may be submitted any time but approved payments cannot be processed until after July1, 2022 due to end of fiscal year financial deadlines.
- Emergency Loan Fund Policy
Employee Engagement Surveys
Employee Assistance Program
- Appalachian State University is committed to adhering to providing qualified employees with disabilities an equal opportunity to benefit from the full range of employment-related opportunities available to employees.
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policies for Faculty/EHRA Administrative Personne
- Employment of Related Persons (Anti-Nepotism Policy)
- Faculty Personnel Policies and Regulations
- Workplace Violence Policy