Anytime a change in classification and or compensation is to occur, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Review the position in AppState Careers to see what is currently on file.
- If there may be a classification issue, please review the class specifications.
- Update the position in AppState Careers. If you need assistance, please review these instructions or register for training. If there are no trainings upcoming, you can request one by emailing the Classification and Compensation group.
Once the job has been sent forward, you can check on the progress in the system by searching incomplete actions. When the job has been submitted to HR, this process will be completed and your request will be addressed within 30 days of the date received. Please note that all requests will be handled in the order they are received.
Career Banding: The State of North Carolina has adopted a new competency based classification and compensation system called Career Banding. There are pay ranges for each of the new job families which will be based on the average market rate of pay for the specific occupation.
- Guide to Classification and Compensation
- Career Banding Competency Profiles
- Career Banding Salary Rates (PDF, 180 KB)
AppState Jobs: All actions that include a change in a positions details, classification, competency level, compensation, etc. MUST be sent through the AppState Jobs System.
PLEASE NOTE: When updating or changing a position you will need to include an updated and standardized organizational chart as part of the supplemental documentation.
- Organizational Chart Standards (DOCX, 254 KB)
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, we'll be glad to assist you!