The University of North Carolina Phased Retirement Program is designed to provide an opportunity for eligible full-time tenured faculty members to make an orderly transition to retirement through half-time (or equivalent) service. The goals of the Program are to promote renewal of the professorate in order to ensure institutional vitality and to provide additional flexibility and support for individual faculty members who are nearing retirement.
- Phased Retirement Application (Google Form)
- Application and Reemployment Agreement-Sample (PDF, 20 KB)
- UNC Phased Retirement Summary (PDF, 323 KB)
- Release Form (PDF, 20 KB)
- Continuation of Benefits (PDF, 36 KB)
- UNC- General Administration Phased Retirement Site
- What You Need to Know About Phased Retirement (PowerPoint)